At one point or another we all have come across this term “soft skills”. This phrase is used to describe skills or characteristics which are useful or important and enables us to interact or get along well with other people or situations. You can also call these as “social skills” because of its impact or connection with the social whole. Some examples will serve the purpose- communication skills, motivational skills, decision making skills, team work, leadership skills, creativity, time management skills, the list can go on. You can have an exhaustible list of skills when bundled up together gives you a clean picture of soft skills that are always looked for and loved.
One doesn’t care much about soft skills unless it becomes a matter related to getting and keeping a job. I believe if you are one working or looking for a job has already experienced it. Now why these soft skills are important when we already earned our degrees years back?
How Important are Soft skills and Why?
If you could relate to the examples above, by now you must have got an idea of its importance. When we talk of any job irrespective of the industry, one thing that matters is the technicality of the job. It puts you along how well you know your job and how good you can perform. Now apart from this, your job also demands certain other qualities which you must have or need to grow with time. These skills are basically your ability to get along well with others at job, taking decision, being good as a team, motivating yourself and your team and these qualities makes you look and sound good literally, are your soft skills. These are equally important in your work life which holds ladders of your success.
Soft Skills in Placement Consultant
I find consultants specifically placement consultants to be one of the most highlighted sectors meant to imbibe soft skills deep into their working self and soul. I’ll tell you why. This is one sector and any sector of its kind which has to do a lot of handling with people ranging from clients to job seekers to some falling into neither of the category. Its human they are handling each time followed by reviews mostly baked with medley of frustration and satisfaction from clients and candidates alike. A satisfying display of reasons will clear out the cloud:
Client Facing Role– You cannot think of placement consultants with deduction to clients. It’s like blood in the veins. That was quite a comparison, anyways; a placement consultant along with its progressive years will have to and continue to face interaction with clients where the soft skills would be the first thing in count and the last thing to skip. It depends hugely on how the consultants or the recruiters are into conversation with the clients maintaining a soothing balance between modesty and professionalism. Here the tact to talk, negotiate, replying to feedback everything is the core point of rise in the business. Your soft skills would draw a sense of trust, reliability and assurance from your client directing to a lasting relationship.
Handling Candidates- This is again no piece of cake. How you get along with someone who comes to you or rings you up asking for a job or a job change? Of course you can’t be rude to them or ignore them completely. They are ones to be straight enough who actually runs your business indirectly. Handling them with care, assurance, and an ability to build in trust and later on placing your own trust on them that they would flare well before your clients who need them. This is how it got to work and your interpersonal skills or soft skills are the pre-requisite for getting your deal closed. Placement Consultants in Mumbai is the ones practicing these skills and serving satisfying clients for years.
Future Prospect & Development- Placement Agencies need to keep this in mind that fluctuation is unavoidable in business. But turning the success graph in to a high up reaching arrow is possible. If you have closed your deals, your clients will for sure come back to you and your services because you spoke sweet. This helps in estimating a positive picture of future prospect and business development. Being into the recruitment agency business, you got to be and are expected to be socially positive and welcoming in terms of business and soft skills helps you in the long run. You would find these qualities in Recruitment Agencies in Mumbai which is the one solution for any recruitment need.
T&A Solutions have been practicing and mastering these skills for years and are pioneering in the field of recruitment developing both satisfying clients and candidates.
Recruiting is an interesting topic and the same holds true when applied practically. The ones practicing it will understand me better. For those who are not directly involved in the process, recruiting is not simply hiring but it’s a wholesome package of process that follows attracting, selecting and appointing suitable candidates for the job. However, with time, corporate culture saw and experienced drastic change where today recruitment have totally changed its form and have flared out quite well than it was some years back. The best part of it is that although there are countless theories, thesis and what not have being prescribed for recruiters to follow but it’s funny in its own way that every corporate adheres to different rules and methods of recruiting of its own.
Besides the countless theories that we in common and the recruiters in particular have being fed this far, the idea is to hire the most suitable candidate from the talented herd. In this article we will get to know certain principles which you as a recruiter or a management head can mark on your bucket list to ramp up your capability to hire.
The corporate sector has swelled to a gigantic self and every other company irrespective of its trade and size is into recruiting and this process won’t cease. Here below are some principles you should know about:
- A well defined strategy: You can’t afford to beat around the bush when you are asked to hire asset especially humans. Strategy involves the brand name that your company holds, illustrating it to the humans you wish to hire, target candidates and the most essential and proven closing tactics (who, what, how, when). Recruitment Agencies in Mumbai is the one who are quite groomed in this aspect.
- Sell your Job: Sitting on that recruiting chair you expect the candidate to sell themselves so that your job runs smooth. How often have you tried selling your profiles or job? Why do you think the most suitable candidate will choose you over your competitors? This is important. You got be tactful into making the profile alluring so that the best finds you.
- Pick up speed: Try giving priority to those vacant seat or soon to be vacant seats in your firm. You can’t slow down in this process. Making quick hiring decision is extremely essential when a candidate of high demand is switching ready. If you get hold of him/her, don’t waste time in unnecessary methods of yours which will only create more bait for the candidate.
- Don’t shy away: I don’t mean it literally though. What I intent to focus is be flexible if you are into recruiting or the managing front. Say yes to telephonic interviews which will give you a clear perception about the candidate halfway. It also saves time and toil. Ask your recruiting partner to arrange for the same.
- Be positive to remote working: There will definitely be situation where you can allow your candidates to work from home. Many great brands actually do that. This increases potential candidate pool. If you can afford to do this you can and your business isn’t being affected, don’t be rigid to this.
- Identify and study the job: Before you dip your feet into core recruiting and actually hire someone, the first thing you need to do is understand the kind of job that you’re hiring for. Doing some homework will only ramp up your hiring capability. This way you will get to understand the candidate better and decide upon if he/she is the right pick for the job. T&A Solutions is one such Recruitment Consultants in Mumbai is avid in this respect. They have well trained and experienced team of talented recruiters who understands your recruitment needs best.
Recruiting has always being an interesting part of Human Resource but the irony that tickles is that being the head of management or the recruiting front, you don’t own or can claim anything in the most un-literal manner. Why because the people you hire or recruit, build your culture and define your progress.
Motivation is the reason or intention for doing something or behaving in a certain manner. It becomes the source of willingness to perform a certain task.
Almost all the tasks that we perform in our daily routine are result of motivation. And it is equally true in the work place. A workplace which is driven by motivation yields positive and better results. Because here, employees not only work for money but also out of sheer motivation. Several corporate giants have over the decades spend tones of money to organize motivation seminars, workshops, guest lectures and like stuffs only with the intention to increase motivation among employees or to keep them motivated in their work. One of the Best job Consultants in Chandigarh does this. High level of motivation increases productivity.
Motivation in work place is desirable as it is this strong force that causes interest among employees from within to work and maintain goal directed performance. An employee who is not motivated will only work for money and will only try doing the bare minimal to avoid being fired. Whereas on the contrary, employees who are motivated will of course work for money but will also make sure that his/her work is recognized and is counted well among the contributions to the success of the company. T&A Solutions is one of the best recruitment agencies in Mumbai practicing motivation in employees. Such an employee gradually becomes asset for the company. To summarize, a motivated employee is a happy employee.
Motivation is driven by two factors:
- Intrinsic: These motivators are Knowledge, achievement, growth, advancement, recognition, appreciation.
Intrinsic motivation comes from within. In a workplace, these factors motivate an employee to work apart from salary. By ensuring the value and achievements of employees managers can fairly and fully promote and support employees.
- Extrinsic: These are salary, benefit, promotions, policy, safety, security, working environment.
Often these benefits are beyond the direct control of a line manager and are more often determined at organizational level. The management should keep an eye on the performance of the employees and should provide them the needful as per policy.
Motivating your Employees:
Motivated employees are happy employees. And happy employees tend to be more productive. Therefore, company should try and maintain that motivating factor to keep employees on the track. Here’s how:
- Boost Self Confidence: Try giving them feedback in a positive way. Praise them for their success. Remind them about their skills and how they can perform well. This will increase confidence and performance in them.
- Positive Work Environment: Environment has a lot to do. If possible try allowing them to personalizing their workspace. Allow positivity by flow of thoughts, expressions. Team spirit, appreciation, trust between management and employees all work together to build a positive environment.
- Matching skills with Work: Handing over work which is compatible with the skills and knowledge with the employees will give out more productivity in lesser time. Because the employees will remain motivated and will enjoy using skills which they already possess.
- Value your Employees: Value for work is important in motivating employees. If they are good at certain work related thing, try recognizing it. According observe their work and value them. Reward them for working wonderfully with awards, souvenir etc.