When was the last time when you spoke about something and everyone including your boss listened to you without disagreeing or interrupting in between? If you can’t remember at the moment it’s totally alright. Because we all tend to face this situation almost every day. We all like to be listened to and appreciated thereafter or at least seek for positive comments and gestures when we are done speaking. And for this to happen, we need to carry that strong positive vibe or cast an influence on everyone we work with. Here in this blog we will discuss about the simple yet effective ways to boost influence at work.
Being an influence or the ability to influence others is an art which I believe can be mastered. Great orators have it. So here are few steps to a great influence:
- Identify your Style: Study yourself, focus what is your dominant style-to convince, negotiate, logical argument, bridge, assert or influence. We all have different styles and some might have all thrust in them. Unveil them and understand if you are using them in the right places.
- Use your Style: Once you are done with the identifying part, learn to use or modify your inbuilt style of influence according to situation and people. For instance, if you are trying to put your point in front of your CEO, arguing with him/her or negotiating won’t help. Try to be logical here. Back up your point with facts and figures; try proving them rather pushing your point affront. Likewise, with a peer be negotiative.
- Identify your Weakness: There’s a possibility that you might have discovered your strengths (your style) but then are you using it on the wrong grounds? This will bend your ways. Learn where your magic works. If you are working on the same style for every different situation, this won’t help. Remember you need to have different weapons for different fights.
- Speak the Desired Amount: Most of us are aware of this that “Silence is Golden”. Here I don’t mean you to be mute but then speak how much is required. Unnecessary talks that are long than required will finally start irritating people. This will rather land you in bad influence.
- Fortify your Reputation: This is one thing which follows you everywhere. Guard it. Don’t try anything that might hamper your reputation. It took you years to earn this. Pay attention to what you speak, how you speak, the words you use, gestures, actions, everything. Anything repulsive from your end will turn off the entire positive influence that you might be casting over others.
- Try winning through Actions: Actions speaks louder than words. We all know this and it equally fits at work. While at work, it’s your work that does the speaking. If you are good enough-it shows. You need not sugar coat a thing. Rather than working hard over an argument to win, let your work do the talking. Trust me your magic of influence will surely work.
- Avoid Chronic Dissatisfaction: Now here, I don’t mean to be rude. It ok if you are helping any of your peers or juniors or even seniors to cope up with hard situations but then if they vow never ever to recover from the bad phase you might automatically be influenced by them negatively and hence emotions are contagious be it good or bad. Avoiding such situation is what I recommend.
There are employees that are good influence and then there are organizations which bring along a good influence among its people and help them grow mutually. One such is T&A Solutions which is one of the best job consultants in Ludhiana.
Employers do and can expect a certain number of leaves from their employees in a year, some amounts to be paid whereas some are not. Absenteeism is intentional or sometimes habitual leave from work. This is backed up by reasons such as health issues, unexpected calamity or accidents. But then there is absenteeism due to lack of willingness to come to the office due to a number of factors which we are going to discuss here in this blog. We will also try to focus on the measures that can be taken to reduce absenteeism from work which again hampers the growth of the employee, productivity and finally hitting hard at the financial face of the company.
Causes of Absenteeism
Some causes of absenteeism are listed below:
- Harassment or Bullying at work by Co-colleagues or Boss
- Disengagement of the Employee at Work
- Child or Elders at Home to be taken Care of
- Prey to Alcoholism
- Job Search / Attending Job Interviews
- Religious holiday or Family Functions
These causes are some of the main reasons which can be seen at work but are not limited to the reasons of absenteeism.
Now that we are clear with the causes of absenteeism, let us see possible ways to tackle these:
- Make sure your employees are clear and understand the attendance policy of the company well.
- Assess and make sure that company includes in its policy a decent number of paid sick leave for employees which will also help the employees to keep track of their own records of attendance.
- Work to make the work environment fit to work and keep an eye on happenings that might be unhealthy to the office environment
- Consider rewarding good attendance.
- Look out for wellness program and employee overall development to help the employee build a sense of belongingness and trust with the company.
- If possible and suitable try to introduce Flexi working hours.
These are some of the tested ways to tackle absenteeism and improve workplace. However, there is one factor which, if not entirely, but is still worth a try. Try hiring correct people for the correct position rather than stuffing employees who do not even to get engaged. Try connecting with a reputed recruitment consultant like T&A Solutions. They are appreciated for their recruitments in Mumbai, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Hyderabad and Chandigarh via their local offices at these locations.
To take your business to the next level, you need qualified personnel to bring momentum to your business. It is not easy to find the right personnel unless you have a wide reach in the job market. Your focus will be drawn away and you might miss the best candidates in Mohali, Punjab. The city is known for its highly educated and qualified citizens, so if you run a business, you will want to tap into this resource. An affordable and intelligent way to do that would be to hire job consultants from Punjab, like T & A HR Solutions.
The benefit of having a job consultant is that you will be notified about potential candidates in the industry who suit the job profile that you have put out. You can have a wide range of choices, which will improve your chances of finding the right candidates for your business. Job consultants in Mohali tend to have a good grasp of the local job market, so if you operate from the city you should hire one of them for quality business solutions that will help you move forward.
Competitive job markets like Mohali pose problems for most businesses, because there are numerous candidates who appear to fit the position. Good job consultants in Punjab verify credentials and only forward authentic resumes to ensure that you have the luxury of certified candidates. Many candidates attempt to get jobs through fraudulent means, often abusing connections to get jobs that they do not deserve. A job placement consultancy helps you avoid that with objective scrutiny of all applicants.
An in house HR department would be hard pressed to find the best candidate in a job market without a way to filter candidates. Time is valuable and spending large amounts of time processing applications would not be the best way to spend your HR resources. Instead, let the job consultants in Mohali do the screening and present you with suitable and genuine candidates. The service that they provide can help cut down the number of applicants drastically. These job consultants have a comprehensive database that can conduct a preliminary screening on most of the candidates in their job market.
Not only do hiring job consultants in Punjab ease up the burden on your HR department, it also improves the quality of your workforce. They have an uncanny knack, which stems out of experience, of finding the right candidate for the right job. To get ahead in competitive markets, quality personnel are a huge asset. The influence of good HR work has been recognized the world over as a powerful business factor. If you want to grow your business, you have to mobilize your resources towards getting efficient human assets who will bring energy and direction to the business. Do not waste your precious time combing through job applications that are not worth considering Outsource your non-core HR functions to get the maximum benefit for your resources.
SCO 80-81-82, 4th Floor
Sector 34 A, Chandigarh – 160034, India.