Motivation is the reason or intention for doing something or behaving in a certain manner. It becomes the source of willingness to perform a certain task.
Almost all the tasks that we perform in our daily routine are result of motivation. And it is equally true in the work place. A workplace which is driven by motivation yields positive and better results. Because here, employees not only work for money but also out of sheer motivation. Several corporate giants have over the decades spend tones of money to organize motivation seminars, workshops, guest lectures and like stuffs only with the intention to increase motivation among employees or to keep them motivated in their work. One of the Best job Consultants in Chandigarh does this. High level of motivation increases productivity.
Motivation in work place is desirable as it is this strong force that causes interest among employees from within to work and maintain goal directed performance. An employee who is not motivated will only work for money and will only try doing the bare minimal to avoid being fired. Whereas on the contrary, employees who are motivated will of course work for money but will also make sure that his/her work is recognized and is counted well among the contributions to the success of the company. T&A Solutions is one of the best recruitment agencies in Mumbai practicing motivation in employees. Such an employee gradually becomes asset for the company. To summarize, a motivated employee is a happy employee.
Motivation is driven by two factors:
- Intrinsic: These motivators are Knowledge, achievement, growth, advancement, recognition, appreciation.
Intrinsic motivation comes from within. In a workplace, these factors motivate an employee to work apart from salary. By ensuring the value and achievements of employees managers can fairly and fully promote and support employees.
- Extrinsic: These are salary, benefit, promotions, policy, safety, security, working environment.
Often these benefits are beyond the direct control of a line manager and are more often determined at organizational level. The management should keep an eye on the performance of the employees and should provide them the needful as per policy.
Motivating your Employees:
Motivated employees are happy employees. And happy employees tend to be more productive. Therefore, company should try and maintain that motivating factor to keep employees on the track. Here’s how:
- Boost Self Confidence: Try giving them feedback in a positive way. Praise them for their success. Remind them about their skills and how they can perform well. This will increase confidence and performance in them.
- Positive Work Environment: Environment has a lot to do. If possible try allowing them to personalizing their workspace. Allow positivity by flow of thoughts, expressions. Team spirit, appreciation, trust between management and employees all work together to build a positive environment.
- Matching skills with Work: Handing over work which is compatible with the skills and knowledge with the employees will give out more productivity in lesser time. Because the employees will remain motivated and will enjoy using skills which they already possess.
- Value your Employees: Value for work is important in motivating employees. If they are good at certain work related thing, try recognizing it. According observe their work and value them. Reward them for working wonderfully with awards, souvenir etc.