Recruiting is an interesting topic and the same holds true when applied practically. The ones practicing it will understand me better. For those who are not directly involved in the process, recruiting is not simply hiring but it’s a wholesome package of process that follows attracting, selecting and appointing suitable candidates for the job. However, with time, corporate culture saw and experienced drastic change where today recruitment have totally changed its form and have flared out quite well than it was some years back. The best part of it is that although there are countless theories, thesis and what not have being prescribed for recruiters to follow but it’s funny in its own way that every corporate adheres to different rules and methods of recruiting of its own.
Besides the countless theories that we in common and the recruiters in particular have being fed this far, the idea is to hire the most suitable candidate from the talented herd. In this article we will get to know certain principles which you as a recruiter or a management head can mark on your bucket list to ramp up your capability to hire.
The corporate sector has swelled to a gigantic self and every other company irrespective of its trade and size is into recruiting and this process won’t cease. Here below are some principles you should know about:
- A well defined strategy: You can’t afford to beat around the bush when you are asked to hire asset especially humans. Strategy involves the brand name that your company holds, illustrating it to the humans you wish to hire, target candidates and the most essential and proven closing tactics (who, what, how, when). Recruitment Agencies in Mumbai is the one who are quite groomed in this aspect.
- Sell your Job: Sitting on that recruiting chair you expect the candidate to sell themselves so that your job runs smooth. How often have you tried selling your profiles or job? Why do you think the most suitable candidate will choose you over your competitors? This is important. You got be tactful into making the profile alluring so that the best finds you.
- Pick up speed: Try giving priority to those vacant seat or soon to be vacant seats in your firm. You can’t slow down in this process. Making quick hiring decision is extremely essential when a candidate of high demand is switching ready. If you get hold of him/her, don’t waste time in unnecessary methods of yours which will only create more bait for the candidate.
- Don’t shy away: I don’t mean it literally though. What I intent to focus is be flexible if you are into recruiting or the managing front. Say yes to telephonic interviews which will give you a clear perception about the candidate halfway. It also saves time and toil. Ask your recruiting partner to arrange for the same.
- Be positive to remote working: There will definitely be situation where you can allow your candidates to work from home. Many great brands actually do that. This increases potential candidate pool. If you can afford to do this you can and your business isn’t being affected, don’t be rigid to this.
- Identify and study the job: Before you dip your feet into core recruiting and actually hire someone, the first thing you need to do is understand the kind of job that you’re hiring for. Doing some homework will only ramp up your hiring capability. This way you will get to understand the candidate better and decide upon if he/she is the right pick for the job. T&A Solutions is one such Recruitment Consultants in Mumbai is avid in this respect. They have well trained and experienced team of talented recruiters who understands your recruitment needs best.
Recruiting has always being an interesting part of Human Resource but the irony that tickles is that being the head of management or the recruiting front, you don’t own or can claim anything in the most un-literal manner. Why because the people you hire or recruit, build your culture and define your progress.
When was the last time when you spoke about something and everyone including your boss listened to you without disagreeing or interrupting in between? If you can’t remember at the moment it’s totally alright. Because we all tend to face this situation almost every day. We all like to be listened to and appreciated thereafter or at least seek for positive comments and gestures when we are done speaking. And for this to happen, we need to carry that strong positive vibe or cast an influence on everyone we work with. Here in this blog we will discuss about the simple yet effective ways to boost influence at work.
Being an influence or the ability to influence others is an art which I believe can be mastered. Great orators have it. So here are few steps to a great influence:
- Identify your Style: Study yourself, focus what is your dominant style-to convince, negotiate, logical argument, bridge, assert or influence. We all have different styles and some might have all thrust in them. Unveil them and understand if you are using them in the right places.
- Use your Style: Once you are done with the identifying part, learn to use or modify your inbuilt style of influence according to situation and people. For instance, if you are trying to put your point in front of your CEO, arguing with him/her or negotiating won’t help. Try to be logical here. Back up your point with facts and figures; try proving them rather pushing your point affront. Likewise, with a peer be negotiative.
- Identify your Weakness: There’s a possibility that you might have discovered your strengths (your style) but then are you using it on the wrong grounds? This will bend your ways. Learn where your magic works. If you are working on the same style for every different situation, this won’t help. Remember you need to have different weapons for different fights.
- Speak the Desired Amount: Most of us are aware of this that “Silence is Golden”. Here I don’t mean you to be mute but then speak how much is required. Unnecessary talks that are long than required will finally start irritating people. This will rather land you in bad influence.
- Fortify your Reputation: This is one thing which follows you everywhere. Guard it. Don’t try anything that might hamper your reputation. It took you years to earn this. Pay attention to what you speak, how you speak, the words you use, gestures, actions, everything. Anything repulsive from your end will turn off the entire positive influence that you might be casting over others.
- Try winning through Actions: Actions speaks louder than words. We all know this and it equally fits at work. While at work, it’s your work that does the speaking. If you are good enough-it shows. You need not sugar coat a thing. Rather than working hard over an argument to win, let your work do the talking. Trust me your magic of influence will surely work.
- Avoid Chronic Dissatisfaction: Now here, I don’t mean to be rude. It ok if you are helping any of your peers or juniors or even seniors to cope up with hard situations but then if they vow never ever to recover from the bad phase you might automatically be influenced by them negatively and hence emotions are contagious be it good or bad. Avoiding such situation is what I recommend.
There are employees that are good influence and then there are organizations which bring along a good influence among its people and help them grow mutually. One such is T&A Solutions which is one of the best job consultants in Ludhiana.
Motivation is the reason or intention for doing something or behaving in a certain manner. It becomes the source of willingness to perform a certain task.
Almost all the tasks that we perform in our daily routine are result of motivation. And it is equally true in the work place. A workplace which is driven by motivation yields positive and better results. Because here, employees not only work for money but also out of sheer motivation. Several corporate giants have over the decades spend tones of money to organize motivation seminars, workshops, guest lectures and like stuffs only with the intention to increase motivation among employees or to keep them motivated in their work. One of the Best job Consultants in Chandigarh does this. High level of motivation increases productivity.
Motivation in work place is desirable as it is this strong force that causes interest among employees from within to work and maintain goal directed performance. An employee who is not motivated will only work for money and will only try doing the bare minimal to avoid being fired. Whereas on the contrary, employees who are motivated will of course work for money but will also make sure that his/her work is recognized and is counted well among the contributions to the success of the company. T&A Solutions is one of the best recruitment agencies in Mumbai practicing motivation in employees. Such an employee gradually becomes asset for the company. To summarize, a motivated employee is a happy employee.
Motivation is driven by two factors:
- Intrinsic: These motivators are Knowledge, achievement, growth, advancement, recognition, appreciation.
Intrinsic motivation comes from within. In a workplace, these factors motivate an employee to work apart from salary. By ensuring the value and achievements of employees managers can fairly and fully promote and support employees.
- Extrinsic: These are salary, benefit, promotions, policy, safety, security, working environment.
Often these benefits are beyond the direct control of a line manager and are more often determined at organizational level. The management should keep an eye on the performance of the employees and should provide them the needful as per policy.
Motivating your Employees:
Motivated employees are happy employees. And happy employees tend to be more productive. Therefore, company should try and maintain that motivating factor to keep employees on the track. Here’s how:
- Boost Self Confidence: Try giving them feedback in a positive way. Praise them for their success. Remind them about their skills and how they can perform well. This will increase confidence and performance in them.
- Positive Work Environment: Environment has a lot to do. If possible try allowing them to personalizing their workspace. Allow positivity by flow of thoughts, expressions. Team spirit, appreciation, trust between management and employees all work together to build a positive environment.
- Matching skills with Work: Handing over work which is compatible with the skills and knowledge with the employees will give out more productivity in lesser time. Because the employees will remain motivated and will enjoy using skills which they already possess.
- Value your Employees: Value for work is important in motivating employees. If they are good at certain work related thing, try recognizing it. According observe their work and value them. Reward them for working wonderfully with awards, souvenir etc.
Employers do and can expect a certain number of leaves from their employees in a year, some amounts to be paid whereas some are not. Absenteeism is intentional or sometimes habitual leave from work. This is backed up by reasons such as health issues, unexpected calamity or accidents. But then there is absenteeism due to lack of willingness to come to the office due to a number of factors which we are going to discuss here in this blog. We will also try to focus on the measures that can be taken to reduce absenteeism from work which again hampers the growth of the employee, productivity and finally hitting hard at the financial face of the company.
Causes of Absenteeism
Some causes of absenteeism are listed below:
- Harassment or Bullying at work by Co-colleagues or Boss
- Disengagement of the Employee at Work
- Child or Elders at Home to be taken Care of
- Prey to Alcoholism
- Job Search / Attending Job Interviews
- Religious holiday or Family Functions
These causes are some of the main reasons which can be seen at work but are not limited to the reasons of absenteeism.
Now that we are clear with the causes of absenteeism, let us see possible ways to tackle these:
- Make sure your employees are clear and understand the attendance policy of the company well.
- Assess and make sure that company includes in its policy a decent number of paid sick leave for employees which will also help the employees to keep track of their own records of attendance.
- Work to make the work environment fit to work and keep an eye on happenings that might be unhealthy to the office environment
- Consider rewarding good attendance.
- Look out for wellness program and employee overall development to help the employee build a sense of belongingness and trust with the company.
- If possible and suitable try to introduce Flexi working hours.
These are some of the tested ways to tackle absenteeism and improve workplace. However, there is one factor which, if not entirely, but is still worth a try. Try hiring correct people for the correct position rather than stuffing employees who do not even to get engaged. Try connecting with a reputed recruitment consultant like T&A Solutions. They are appreciated for their recruitments in Mumbai, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Hyderabad and Chandigarh via their local offices at these locations.
No one is born with an entrepreneur tag around his/her neck. It’s a sure different thing that you either carry a legacy later on or learn those tricks and trends of business and start growing one. Either you already have a thriving business with giant chains over the globe or be it a small business at the start up level or you thinking of opening some gaming zone at some place in India, having a sure, clear and simple plan always works.
Here are some tested tips to give your new or already established business a new edge of success:
- Know Your Vision: It’s the same vision and mission we have been studying since our high school. It counts here too. No business can reach its desired height unless the vision is clear, in fact, there can be no business at all without a vision, if it’s there its hobby! In business, vision is what you expect your business to be in the near future, how far you see it grow, what are your focus areas and the products/services its got to offer. Make sure you share this with your employees too.
- Be Consistent: Consistency mirrors your reputation. You definitely cannot court success if you keep changing your fashion of business, your vision or tactics. Being consistent is of utmost importance here. It helps your message, reach the mass who in turn is able to identify you and your purpose of existence. Until you make a plan and don’t stick to it working for it you would never know if it actually works!
- Take care of your People: Consider your employees as your asset; not in the paper but also in practice. It’s good and obvious to take care of your company, but your employees count too. Try looking for ways to retain them. If in any way they feel offended, try finding out why, look better ways to improve your company’s culture and environment. Your employees would love that!
- Be Willing to Invest in Your Brand: Here’s why-Branding helps people identify your product and your organization, it differentiate you from the rest, customers know what to expect from your products, becomes easy to choose, attracts talent into your company, helps you stay focused, helps grow your business. Now that’s enough to get you started.
- Hire a Professional: You may know all the tit bits of your business, but then doing it all by yourself is no smart. Start identifying your strong core and the ones which you thing can be better handled by other, hire a professional. This will save you time, ease you off tension and will keep ready by the tick of the clock. T&A Solutions, one of the leading placement consultants in Mumbai provides the best manpower for your recruiting needs. Think of them the next time you think of a professional.
- Selection of Manpower: This is one that part which we more than often ignore because we generally are so confident with our idea of business and our products/services that we think manpower isn’t that important factor to handle the game. Selection of the right set of manpower is the thumb of rule of many successful businesses. The right set of people will know how to handle things right. T&A Solutions is one such placement consultant in Mumbai who has been providing talent to several companies in India and is contributing to the success J
Finding a job and then landing into a wrong one could be most frustrating phase in anyone’s life. A quiet lot of people (mostly in private sectors) come across this dilemma of whether they hate their job or it’s the company’s policy or peers that not working right for them. But then again the idea of switching a job never leaves their minds.
But before you really want to switch your current job and think of visiting placement consultants in Bangalore for your next IT job or shift to some IT hubs in the country, take a look at these few things which you should consider before taking the decision:
- Is it the Job or the Company: Many a times we can’t decide who’s creating the trouble, the job (that am not fit for) or the boss or company policy (that can’t be digested)? Also often the cause of such a decision happens to be the colleagues who share office space with us. If the first two are hit on the list then probably changing would be preferable.
- How good are you with your skills: Understanding what you like doing or what you can do perfectly becomes important when you start thinking seriously about your career. If you want to do sales/marketing and your skills for engaging a customer isn’t polished then probably this isn’t your forte. But then if you are good with people then you can also go for marketing over the phone which might give that satisfaction to you and perhaps polish your skills as well.
- Makeup your mind for re-budding: If you have that serious instinct poking you real all this time about a career change then do give a thought to re-budding or re-starting from a new point where you might give a start to a new domain of work, learning and excelling again. Be prepared!
- Salary: Another crucial reason for a career change is salary. Some companies very well know its gravity whereas others are reason why you reading this. Make sure the career that you are about to change or re-start gives you ample to spend or support your life-style so that you don’t have to lament over your previous job.
- How solid are your growth parameters? : A lot many times I have heard people complaining that they don’t have growth in the current company and so wish to change. Make sure the company that you are keen to change to provides you that you have been seeking for. Growth!! Learn and research about the opportunity that you might face in the new position. This will save you of all the anguish that a wrong profession change might lead to.
- Whom to work for: Here comes the new company or perhaps the sector you wish to change yourself into. Do ample research about which company would be best fit for your skills and experience, their work culture and whether you are fit to work there. If not, start imbibing your skills today.
- Who to ask for help: For a job change there are many factors to help you through. Friends or relatives always work the wonders by referring you to the company. Look for vacancies into the company’s website. Or you can ask help from Manpower Consultancy in Bangalore like T&A Solutions who would help you through your decision of a job change.
Human Resource is the most important assets for running a company successfully, be it small, medium or large. A good or fit for the job employee can place the company to unknown heights whereas a wrong or not meant for the job employee can drag the company to somewhere the company wouldn’t like to see it. Overall a good employee or a fit employee is one who can help the company go places.
Recruiting and hiring good employees is arguably the most key facet of running a business. Finding the right candidate is crucial because no sooner the management will start reassigning the wrong candidate, work tirelessly to indulge the wrong candidate into being more constructive or somehow fit into the organization. Rather than simply letting the candidate go away, scrubbing off all the time, money and effort you have invested to educate while he/she start working as adequate employee serving less than you deserved or desired.
Either way, there’s a drain of resources. Let’s proceed further and see why it is important to hire the right people:
- Time, money and effort are something which can’t be bought. However wastage of the same can highly affect the company and resist it from growth. While you and your managers are busy training and retraining the wrong candidate and trying him/her to fit among the rest, your business suffers. 66% of employers said they experienced negative effects of bad hires in 2012. 37% of these said, the wrong candidate had a negative impact on employee morale. Another 18% said the wrong employee impacted negatively on client relationships. 10% said the bad hire led sales suffer.(A study from the National Business Research Institute)
- While putting your focus on the wrong candidate and trying to make him actually “work” (which you have been doing so far), dissatisfies the other existing employees. It becomes totally difficult to manage to stay upbeat and keep pretending things are right when they’re not. When the wrong candidate wins over all your importance, your business and the rest of the nest are not attended to. Your business literally starts aching. This might also place the wrong candidate into a pool of “never ever heard” task or “can never do” task creating problems for him to get along with the rest.
- In today’s world where everyone is part of that collectively molded society where transparency is practiced, your company’s work culture would no longer remain veiled but would be prone to analysis. Job seekers who are active on social platform would discern the odds of your company which are of course reviewed by the same wrong candidate on whom you risked your time and effort. This is because things were equally not working for him as well while you were struggling your way to get yourself out of this maneuver. This wrong candidate whom we’ve nearly made a hero throughout our discussion would actually do nothing but open up his views for your company, highlighting them in his reviews. Now this is something serious stuff!!
This is where you would need your personal observation when you have that one “odd” among the fittest. You need to see and keep focusing that your reputation isn’t at stake while you try and make that “bad hire”. Well, now that you know the bad effects of a hire gone wrong, you can actually work on it the very next time you have a seat vacant.
Think about how important the position is, what are its responsibilities and the kind of result you’re expecting it to show. While doing this, do not forget to check on your online reputation, areas which might need your immediate attention. This time when you need or think of recruiting someone, get connected with us. We are Best Placement Consultants in Bangalore, we understand your need for a candidate and your expectations. We tend to provide you with the best pool of talent from which you can have your catch.