Finding a job and then landing into a wrong one could be most frustrating phase in anyone’s life. A quiet lot of people (mostly in private sectors) come across this dilemma of whether they hate their job or it’s the company’s policy or peers that not working right for them. But then again the idea of switching a job never leaves their minds.
But before you really want to switch your current job and think of visiting placement consultants in Bangalore for your next IT job or shift to some IT hubs in the country, take a look at these few things which you should consider before taking the decision:
- Is it the Job or the Company: Many a times we can’t decide who’s creating the trouble, the job (that am not fit for) or the boss or company policy (that can’t be digested)? Also often the cause of such a decision happens to be the colleagues who share office space with us. If the first two are hit on the list then probably changing would be preferable.
- How good are you with your skills: Understanding what you like doing or what you can do perfectly becomes important when you start thinking seriously about your career. If you want to do sales/marketing and your skills for engaging a customer isn’t polished then probably this isn’t your forte. But then if you are good with people then you can also go for marketing over the phone which might give that satisfaction to you and perhaps polish your skills as well.
- Makeup your mind for re-budding: If you have that serious instinct poking you real all this time about a career change then do give a thought to re-budding or re-starting from a new point where you might give a start to a new domain of work, learning and excelling again. Be prepared!
- Salary: Another crucial reason for a career change is salary. Some companies very well know its gravity whereas others are reason why you reading this. Make sure the career that you are about to change or re-start gives you ample to spend or support your life-style so that you don’t have to lament over your previous job.
- How solid are your growth parameters? : A lot many times I have heard people complaining that they don’t have growth in the current company and so wish to change. Make sure the company that you are keen to change to provides you that you have been seeking for. Growth!! Learn and research about the opportunity that you might face in the new position. This will save you of all the anguish that a wrong profession change might lead to.
- Whom to work for: Here comes the new company or perhaps the sector you wish to change yourself into. Do ample research about which company would be best fit for your skills and experience, their work culture and whether you are fit to work there. If not, start imbibing your skills today.
- Who to ask for help: For a job change there are many factors to help you through. Friends or relatives always work the wonders by referring you to the company. Look for vacancies into the company’s website. Or you can ask help from Manpower Consultancy in Bangalore like T&A Solutions who would help you through your decision of a job change.